Thursday, September 6, 2007

Two weeks...ha ha ha ha ha

I should love it when people ask how the book is coming. I'm at the point now, though, where I practically cringe. The publication of this book has seemed just a little carrot on a string (and I am, what, the horse?): everytime I get a little closer to it, it moves away. (I know, I know: patience is a virtue!)

Most often, I think of the Tom Hanks/Shelley Long movie "The Money Pit", about a couple who buys the ultimate fixer-upper. They hire contractors to basically gut and rebuild the whole place, and everytime they ask the foreman how much longer it will take, he says "Two weeks!" (and his crew begins the loud, obnoxious laughter)

Although I couldn't locate a clip of this on youtube, I did find the best movie laugh ever, which happens to be from the same movie. I think it accurately reflects what Julie and I have alternately felt at different times during this process. Click, and enjoy!

The update for now is that the book was sent to the printer on August 24 and that it normally takes 3-4 weeks turnaround from that point, which leaves me at about TWO WEEKS (insert loud, obnoxious laughter here).