Saturday, October 27, 2007

Outage

Argggghhh! On Thursday while driving home from work and attempting to call home, I discovered that we had no phone service. Ouch! Well, I thought, at least we have cell phones and the call forwarding feature on our home line...

What I wasn't prepared for was the fact that our internet service runs through the phone line...double ouch!

"This can't happen," I thought. "I have WORK to do!"

But alas, it did happen, and I tried to learn yet another lesson in patience. Our line was repaired yesterday afternoon and I can now obviously spend time online working, e-mailing friends, and reading the blogs I have become attached to...and the whole experience makes me wonder how much harder all of this book stuff would have been without the technology that is available today, so I take a moment to be thankful.