Saturday, April 5, 2008

An Anniversary Contest!


I realized shortly after I got up this morning that today marks five years exactly (it was even on a Saturday) since Bijoux has been gone. In so many ways it doesn't feel like it's been that long but at the same time, so much has happened in my life that it seems longer than five years.

This dog was such a blessing in my life, and I think about her often. I am so very glad that I wrote the book, that I had that year of working closely with my sister on its design, and that the finished product is not only something that I'm proud of but that it is a great lasting memorial to this beautiful animal.

I thought that today would be a great time to do a couple of things. One is, I finally organized the blog entries of my essay collection, "Lessons Learned from the Life of a Princess Dog" so they would be easily accessible to everyone who visits this blog. You can click on any or all of them down there in the margin.

Also, in honor of this anniversary, I decided to give away three copies of my book. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment here, telling a short story about a late, great pet who impacted your life. Think of it as creating your own little memorial, right here!

The contest will run through next Saturday, April 12 at 11:59 p.m. I will use a random number generator to choose the winners! Please leave your e-mail address with your comment so I don't have to chase you around if you win.

I hope that, in stopping in here and entering the contest, you will also read some of what I have posted here. Please keep my book in mind, and I'd also appreciate it if you can spread the word about it! Thanks so much!

Now, read...and enter! I look forward to reading all of your stories!