Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Familiar Feeling Tribute

Yes, it's been months since I've updated this. Sorry about that. I have had big plans for posts, but little time to do it right. Soon, hopefully.

In the meantime, Duke and Inky, beloved pets of two of my friends, have passed on. Their losses are felt deeply and although I know that the grieving process will be difficult as it runs its course for my friends, Duke and Inky will live on forever in the hearts of those who loved them.

I also want to post a video that I think I have been putting off watching, but finally did today. My sister sent me the link to it back in DECEMBER after she discovered it on Dooce's website. It is long, almost eleven minutes. It is sad. You will cry that ugly cry, the one that makes you all blotchy. (I did; I'm a total mess.) But if you have ever loved and lost a dog, the feelings portrayed in the film will ring extremely familiar.

It is a Japanese short film and is from a compilation of short films from 2005 called "All About My Dog".