Monday, August 6, 2007

Patience is a Virtue...

While some days I just can't imagine that this book is ever going to be finished and "out there", each day gets me a little closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. I have just seen the final proof of the interior and am waiting for a glitch to be repaired from the publisher's end so I can see the final proof of the cover. Once I approve that...my job is done with regards to the publication process. Then the REAL work (for me) begins: Marketing.

I have spent lots of time collecting the business names of vets, pet cemetaries, pet boutiques, rescue organizations, and even a Pet Loss Counselor. I have local newspaper and magazine contact information and even my Old Dominion University Alumni Newsletter. I'll start with sending letters to them and see where that goes. Obviously there will be a link to the book at amazon.com right here, and I'll send the info to everyone in my contact list. Hopefully they'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and so on, and so on...