Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Halleluyah!!!


So, ever since I heard from my publishing representative that the book was sent to the printer and the typical turnaround is 3-4 weeks, I've been checking the publisher's website once a day, just waiting to see some indication that the process was finally complete. Every day, I see the same message:

"Your book is in the printing process. All you can do now is wait!"

This morning, I decided to check on it before leaving for work. My attitude was on the bad side. I'm tired of waiting! Apparently someone out there in the cosmos must have sensed my bad attitude and thought, "Let's throw her a bone or something." (Note the unintentional dog reference)

Lo and behold, I almost started screaming and crying when I clicked on my book management screen and saw the words:
"Congratulations! Your book has been published!"

Unbelieveable. Not only was the book published officially yesterday, September 11 (something good on September 11!!), but I can now search for my name on amazon and there it is:
Melisa Wells (author)

How exciting is that!!??

The official webpage for the book (not as exciting as this blog, but still quite informative) is up, too. Click here to check it out.


I just have to work on getting the cover image up on the Amazon page, and I need to change the book level. They have it listed as ages 9-12, but I'd say it's closer to ages 4-8. (Although, in my opinion, ANY age can read it and get something from it, of course!!!)

Now the real work (for me) begins! (And now I begin checking my mailbox daily for my author copies!)