Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Scooooooore! (And, by the way, go to your local FedEx/Kinkos!)

For the ten+ years we've lived in this town, we have had to drive about 20 minutes to get to the nearest FedEx/Kinkos store, for copies. It has been a pain, because this town has about 1,000 of everything else, but only two FedEx/Kinkos, 20 minutes east of me and 20 minutes southeast of me.

Lo and behold, the higher-ups at FedEx/Kinkos decided to do something for my part of town (finally!), and they built one just a couple of blocks from my neighborhood (YAY!).

I stopped in a couple of weeks ago to send a fax and to tell the manager, who I recognized from one of the other stores, how happy I was that they finally opened a FedEx/Kinkos closer to me. I felt like a real nerd, but couldn't contain the excitement. Plus, I could be wrong here, but I think I may have made his day.

After teaching my class this morning, I headed to the nearest FedEx/Kinkos, which was not the one near me, to enlarge a sign I made into a poster for the elementary school LMC. Their poster enlarger wasn't working, but on my way out I noticed something on the counter: something bright and shiny, as if an aura was around it, beckoning me to come hither.

Nah, not really. It was a flyer. A glorious flyer: announcing that today--YES, TODAY--was the Grand Opening celebration of MY FedEx/Kinkos! They were having specials every hour and as luck would have it, during that very hour they were offering FREE poster enlargements! At MY FedEx/Kinkos!

You know where I'm going here. Actually, you know where I went. To get that FREE poster enlargement!

But the story gets even better.

From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at MY FedEx/Kinkos, they were offering FREE color copies!! Who does that? They cost .89 each!

So I scurried home and printed out my press release, the flyer for the elementary school that I have to deliver tomorrow, as well as an ad with those tear-off phone number thingies at the bottom. At 5 p.m. sharp, I went back to FedEx/Kinkos and said, "Free color copies right now, right?" The guy said, "Yep. You know there's a limit of 3, right?" Feeling immediately dejected, I said, "Oh. Okay."

Then he laughed and said, "Just kidding. Make as many as you want."

I was the only person there! How great is that? All told, I made about 160 color copies. What a savings! So please, find YOUR FedEx/Kinkos and go there! They are awesome!

Thanks for your time and attention.