Thursday, October 4, 2007

Great Feedback, Book Signatures, and HI DAD!

I am getting wonderful feedback from those friends and family who have ordered and received the book (of course, I also wouldn't necessarily expect that my friends and family would tell me that the book stinks, either!). It's so great to hear from everybody as their books trickle in.

I put my business cards out at the salon yesterday, and am planning to bring a bunch of copies to the Fall Festival we're having on November 11. Dawn (salon owner) thought it would be fun to offer copies and have a mini book-signing. So, we're going to try it!

My current issue (because I always need to be working through some issue!) is that I'm trying to figure out what to write when I sign the books. People are starting to ask me to sign their copies, and these aren't all people who have lost a pet. I am having a hard time with this. I can come up with many caring and sincere things to write in a book for someone who has lost a pet, but what about for those who are either just really supportive of Julie, me, and the book and bought a copy (or copies!) or for the random future stranger who buys one because they like the story and see value in reading it to a child whether or not there has been a loss? I mean, what do other beginning authors do? Suggestions, anyone? Jim thinks there has to be a website out there somewhere for this very issue...but I don't have the time at this moment to research it. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, leave me a comment if you can help me out! (or even if you can't!)

Lastly for today, I wanted to give a big SHOUT OUT to our Dad. He just had surgery today, and everything went really well, so we're thrilled. Hi Dad! We love you!