Friday, September 28, 2007

Just Breathe...

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed today. I have letters to write, ads to construct, and lists of lists to make (Really! Those of you who know me will not be surprised at that).

The family just left a while ago for their overnight camping trip.

"So, wow, what are you going to do all evening, all by yourself," Jim asked me as they were leaving, "write some of those letters?"

"I was," I replied. "I changed my mind."

The advertisements and letters (easier typed up the first time on the computer rather than writing by hand and then transferring to Microsoft Word later) will wait until tomorrow. Rather, I enjoy making a good list and then crossing items off. In fact, I might make a list of what I already did today and then cross it all off, just for giggles (Really! Those of you who know me will not be surprised at that, either!). Then I'll get only half-serious about the rest of the lists. The great thing about marketing this book by myself--with my right-hand gal Julie--is that I am on my own schedule. I've been tightly wound for more than a week. Time to relax, at least for an evening!

So, I decided, to get things started on the right foot so to speak, to take Roxie for a walk. She was flabbergasted, if that's possible for a dog. Normally I walk her in the mornings--no later than lunchtime! She was so excited to get outside and sniff around. Once she gets hot on the trail of something like a rabbit, she bays and howls like she's being stabbed. It's quite embarrassing, and our friends who live on the next block sometimes say, "Yeah, we heard you outside with Roxie." (The commotion she causes is so loud that I can't take her on early morning walks, for fear of being asked to move out of our neighborhood!) By the way, as she appears in my posts somewhat frequently, I should share a photo of Roxie:


(What a poser. Believe it or not, I had absolutely NOTHING to do with the positioning of the pillows around her. I just called her name before I snapped the photo, and this is what I got!)

Anyway, after our walk, I made myself a lovely dinner. The evening is so peaceful...so far, so good. I feel so much more relaxed than I did about 2 hours ago. In fact, I'm closing this post out. Time for me to get my 'jammies on and curl up on the couch with my dog...and my spiral notebook.